1:30 - 2:30 PM
Earn 1 CEU (IFM)
Michael Bottcher of Plastridge Insurance will discuss:
- Federal and State statutes (including anticipated changes) will be discussed, along with the ramifications any changes may have on association's policies.
- A review of the mitigation re-inspection process, along with the new form will be addressed.
- The importance of a quality building appraisal will be presented and a review of the pertinent coverages a board should be aware of in order to satisfy their fiduciary responsibility.
- A brief review of insurance options, including Citizen's, private/standard markets, and excess/surplus lines will be presented.
- Historical cycles of the insurance industry and the impact they have on South Florida property premiums and coverage availability. Reinsurance will also be explained and how catastrophes in other countries affect our local rates.
There will be plenty of time for specific "questions & answers" that class participants may have.